Sunday, June 3, 2012

17 years ago . . .


June 3, 2012 . . . 17 years of marriage . . . thinking back to June 3, 1995 . . . 2:00pm . . . hearing the wedding march . . . walking down the aisle . . .one hour later I was Mrs. John Jewers.  Was I ready to be married?  Were we prepared for life together? NO, but God knew what he was doing better than we did.  I have been so blessed to have John’s love, support, care, help, guidance, prayer, encouragement, etc. over the last 17 years.  Do I deserve it?  Mostly, no! J  I am not the easiest person to live with (be shocked!) J  It just reminds me of another’s love that I do not deserve.  God sees me to my core.  He knows every evil thing in me.  Yet, He loves me!!  My small brain cannot even fathom this concept, but my heart responds with joy, praise, worship, humility and quite often a WOOHOO!!!!!!


When I realized that our anniversary was on a Sunday, I was, quite frankly, disappointed.  This is our busiest day of the week, and John’s attention has to be focused elsewhere.  Refreshingly, this was an amazing day.  How better to spend the day than worshipping the God that created us, gave us each other, and keeps us together?  Church was AWESOME, communion was a great time of reflection, and fellowship with other believers was uplifting.  Friends took the kids for the afternoon so John and I could have some time alone.  John took me to Texas Roadhouse for a delicious lunch.  He bought me a KEURIG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  My kids gave us homemade cards.  Alana had been thinking about our anniversary since April, and had worked every day to make us a card for each day.  My heart is so full that I feel like a blubbering idiot!  I can’t put my words in any form or poetic order.  I’m so humbled and thankful and overwhelmed and BLESSED!

1 comment:

  1. What a blessing! Thanks for your great example and sweet spirit!

    ReplyDelete