Saturday, May 26, 2012


Snuggles

 
Last night as I was putting Buddy to bed (hugandprayandkisstime . . . said all in one breath with his cute little dimpled smile), he informed me that Saturday morning was going to be snuggle time with me!  As soon as his feet hit the floor, he was snuggled up beside me.  The only little teeny tiny problem was that I didn’t sleep very much last night.  I was TIRED!!!  However, I could not go back to sleep with his big green eyes staring up at me.  So I asked . . . “Whatcha thinkin’ buddy?”  (yes that is how I talk!)  This is what he said “Mom, how do birth marks form?”  I then got a ten minute discourse on his opinion.  He then prattled on about . . . well, I have forgotten. . . .but he talked and talked and talked and talked some more.  My eyelids were heavy and I fought to stay awake.  Why?  Because I know these times are precious and fleeting.  In fact, once he heard his sister turn on the Saturday morning cartoons, he said “Mom, I should really let you sleep.  Thanks for snuggling with me!”  You are welcome Buddy . . . anytime!

No comments:

Post a Comment