Thursday, May 17, 2012

Moments that take your breath away . . . .


We all experience these moments.

Some are good.

Some are bad.



My moment today came as I had one whole hour all to myself.  I sat thinking about Alana and Aidan and their incredible path to our family.  That took my breath away.  Remembering the years of pain and prayer, rejoicing in the moment of holding them for the first time, reminiscing about the laughs and fun as they are growing . . .

Then my breath was taken as I thought about their future, their adoption questions, their desire to want to know more about their birth families . . . that moment . . .this moment . . . brings physical pain to my heart as I wonder what will be.  Only those who have been here know this moment.  Only those who have been here know the prayer that follows.  Only those who have been here know the loneliness. 

Now, God gently reminds me that HE knows, understands and loves.  I can trust HIM fully with the future questions or situations.  I can trust HIM fully with my tears and fears.   I can trust HIM fully as I wait for that next breath-taking moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment